Frequently Asked Questions About Tandem Paragliding in Golden, BC.
Are you on BC time?
We are on Mountain Daylight time. That is the same as Calgary, Alberta.
What happens when I get there?
Here is a step by step guide...
- Meet at the Eco Adventure Ranch Landing Zone parking lot.
- Check in, sign waivers, re-check of weather conditions meet your pilots.
- Then take a 30 minute drive to the top.
- At launch your pilot will put you into your harness and prepare the equipment.
- Review of the take off procedure.
- Take flight, enjoy airtime, fly back to the landing zone!
Do you just jump off a mountain?
No. There is no jumping and no cliffs. A Paraglider is launched from a grassy slope and together with the instructor, you take some running strides and are gently lifted off the ground as the glider begins to fly.
How long does the whole thing take?
Flight time is generally between 15- 18 min. but can last longer if conditions allow. (Dependant on thermal updrafts) and the entire experience will take approx 1- ½ to 2 hours.
Are there any restrictions?
For your own safety it is advised that you inform us at time of booking of any health problems. For example: Circulation problems, pregnancies, epilepsy, etc. We must be informed of any artificial knees, hips or ankles. We do have weight restrictions in place (from approx. 60 lbs – 225 lbs) if you are under or over these weights please inform us at the time of booking. Depending on weather conditions other weights can be accommodated on an individual basis.
What do I need?
You will need sturdy footwear, long pants, wind breaker or light jacket, sun glasses and camera if you like (you'll be able to use it in flight). A reasonable standard of fitness is required.
What if I am late?
Leave yourself enough time to get here. If you arrive too late, there is a good chance you will not fly. We book our schedule on a 2 hour turn-around, the next booking will take precedence. If there is no time to do your flight in a timely manner then it will be cancelled. Please make sure you understand our directions and keep in mind we are on Mountain time, the same as Alberta, not Pacific time like most of BC.
If you need more information, call us:
Telephone: (250) 344-3214
Directions to the Muster Point - Golden Eco Adventure Ranch:
We meet at the Eco Adventure Ranch landing field, here are the directions:
- Go south of Golden on highway 95. Travel 5.2 kms from the RONA Hardware to see a cluster of Blue and White signs.
- There will be a sign in that cluster that says "Eco Adventure Ranch", turn right there.
- Travel another kilometer through the little community of Nicholson to see another sign that says the same thing and turn right again.
- Cross the bridge over the Columbia River and bear right at the next sign.
- The Eco Adventure Ranch is the first driveway on the right.
We will meet right beside the road at the little picnic area pavilion with the Canadian Flag on top.
Download these directions in PDF for printing.